Yep, lots of posts today. I’ll admit I’ve been a bit too preoccupied making things to take some time out to share my new projects. Sorry, I’ll try better from now on. 🙂 But honestly, I’d rather be making than typing. 🙂
Again I was overly eager and did not take a before photo. Bad, bad, bad. Again, please use your imagination. I started out with a very old stool. The seat was wooden with lots of paint stains. The legs were a grey rusty metal. This piece was crying out for a make over! And being the nice person that I am, it was lucky enough to come home with me for the bargain price of $5!
Again, there was some trial and error. Firstly I unscrewed the seat off the legs and sanded it. I then applied a lovely red coat of paint – and hated it! Time to cover instead. So I selected a cute scrap of red and white check fabric from my fabric stash (total cost – zero) and with the help of my glue gun, attached a layer of padding and then covered it with my super cute fabric.
I sanded the rust from the legs and applied 2 coats of spray paint.
I also purchased for approx $3 from the hardware a set of white stoppers for the feet. I imagine the original ones were long gone. 🙂
Then I put it all together and this was the finished masterpiece ….
Without further adieu …
This little cutie is has currently taken up residence in the kitchen and is fitting in beautifully. 🙂
I’m so happy with the result. Total cost was just over $10 for this make over. Another keeper me thinks. 🙂