Here it is ….
Don’t you just love it!
Doesn’t it have so much more personality now!
And the process…
Firstly I stripped all the white paint off the top and gave it a good sand with my electric sander.
Then I used two coats of black stain on the top.
Then I painted the rest of the table turquoise, which I mixed up myself with some left over paints.
After this had totally dried, I used my electric sander to fully distress all the edges and some of the in between bits. I almost never distress with a sander, but this piece had been so fiddly painting and repainting that I just couldn’t bring myself to invest more time hand sanding it. I love the outcome anyway. 🙂
Then two coats of poly over the entire table.
I love the way the poly brings out the distressing.
And then I was finished. 🙂