I had been watching ebay for a chair for my desk. I had been using one of our dining room chairs in the interim. Last week I was out driving and there it was on the side of the road.
So I stopped, got out and put it in the boot. Not exactly the chair of my dreams, but it definitely had potential.
However, when this paint dried, it left a black layer of dust and kept smudging off on my hands. So I ended up applying a coat of clear gloss spray paint which sealed the paint.
It was rescued, washed and matched perfectly! I cut one side to size and stapled it in place underneath the seat. Then screwed the seat back on.
Then I decided to add something to the back of the chair. I was going to add some French script, but then I remembered these …
Old Edison record covers! So I picked out some graphics off one of the covers and applied them with Modge Podge.
I’m really happy with the result.
AND I rescued, recycled and repurposed! 🙂
I love to share my projects at these totally amazing Link Parties!