I decided to go with a basic square design because I knew it was going to be big. And I wanted colours to match in with my bedroom theme.
I made my own bias for the edging from the backing fabric.
Although it’s not perfectly square and has a few sewing lumps and bumps, I think it turned out great. What do you think?
It’s queen size and I plan to place it folded at the end of our bed. Because its winter here we actually used it as an extra blanket last night and it was super warm!
I think the most daunting part of make the quilt was looking for the batting. In fact, I almost turned it into a quilt cover. But guess what, Lincraft sells prepacked batting in all bed sizes. So I simply bought a queen size sheet and rolled it out. I thought I would have to buy off the roll and try to work out how much and how to piece it all together. Okay, I’m just a newbie, but really, if you can sew, it’s not too hard. 🙂
So another part of my bedroom makeover puzzle is in place. It’s all coming together slowly but perfectly. 🙂