The other day I picked up 2 identical queen size flat bed sheets for $5 at goodwill, mainly because the print was so pretty. I had no idea what I would do with them, but given I like to sew up a storm, I knew I’d find something. 🙂
I folded the tops over and sewed a straight seam to create a curtain rod opening. A whole 15 minutes later and I was hanging them up.
So simple, and so pretty! We both love them! 🙂
I also added an expanding curtain rod and lengthened it to the width of the wall making the window look larger and taking up the boring space in the corner.
And I added some swirly curtain rod ends I had in the garage. They had previously be painted white but the paint was flaking. I actually like the way they look with the chippy paint. 🙂
And I also found these cute tin buckets with faux pink flowers in the garage that I had bought at a yard sale for $3 the set. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them, but now they have a new home. They look so pretty sitting on her dresser next to her new curtains. 🙂
And here are the before and after shots!