Her fabric was showing its age, so I decided to recover it, the lazy way. By applying the new fabric straight over the old fabric. I love this method as you don’t have to reshape any of the filling or fiddle around with removing nails and tacks and staples. And who is going to see underneath anyway. But I only do it if the fabric is in reasonable condition and doesn’t smell. After all, nice new fabric that smells disgusting isn’t very appealing.
I had 2 French graphic tea towels I had bought at Target and had been saving as they were just the right size for cushions covers. I hadn’t got around to the cushion covers, luckily. They were perfect for recovering my footstool. One fit over the top and down 2 of the sides exactly. I had to cut 2 strips off the second one and do a bit of neat “filling in” on the other sides. But nonetheless, I’m still very happy with the outcome.
Then I attached a crisp piece of white cotton to cover the base.
Finally, I gave the legs a “shine” with the good old Windex. And there you have it. 🙂
She’s a bit lumpy and bumpy in the springs. But as a foot stool, she’s perfect. 🙂
I love sharing my projects at: